Monday, November 8, 2010

Clever got me this far then tricky got me in

Do you ever rediscover a song and want to kick yourself for even forgetting about said song? This doesn't happen too often but it happened to me this morning. I logged on to FB and an acquaintance had posted this song:



The emotions that stirred up from hearing this song can't really be described. When this album came out, I played it every single night when I went to bed. I fell asleep before the first song even ended. I've spent the greater part of the morning re-listening to all the songs.

I was 20-years old and a fairly new transplant to downtown Salt Lake City. I worked at a grocery store in customer service and as a manager at a clothing store. I had a tiny but adorable apartment all to myself and was starting to make Salt Lake City friends. I also had a fake ID. It was seriously THE worst fake ID probably ever made. I was laughed at on several occasions but was never denied inside the bar.

Man, I was so lost, confused, scared, carefree, innocent.....and I had black hair. Oh to be young again.

1 comment:

  1. "Man, I was so lost, confused, scared, carefree, innocent.....and I had black hair."

    Oh man. This sounds like me now. :\

    Except my theme song is "Help I'm Alive" by Metric. :)

    ReplyDelete