Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Top 10 Love Songs

Ok so I usually try to post every Saturday but I was a busy bee this weekend so I didn't really have the time or energy. I thought with Saturday being Valentine's Day and all, I'd make this weeks list about love songs. And as an added bonus (and for us lonely singles, ha) I'm also posting my top 10 bitter love songs. Enjoy. :)

Top 10 love songs

#1- Everything- Lifehouse. The words are so romantic. Can someone just feel this way about me? Thanks.

#2- Would You Go With Me- Josh Turner. Yes, yes I will go with you with your sexy deep voice. The man that plays this song to me is the man I'm going to marry. Haha.

#3- I Need You- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. I hate cigarettes but if it was Tim smoking it, smoke away you Cowboy. And the video is going to melt your heart. If not, you don't have one.




#4- We Belong Together- Los Lobos. I grew up listening to the La Bamba soundtrack and have always loved this song. "My RRRIIIITTTCCCHHHHIIIEEE!"

#5- This Years Love- David Gray. This is my anthem for 2009.

#6- I Will Follow You Into The Dark- Death Cab for Cutie. This song is a little morbid but romantic just the same.

#7- Duet- Rachael Yamagata and Ray Lamontagne. This song had me in tears the first time I heard it. Sigh.



#8- Open Arms- Journey. Mariah Carey also came out with a version of this song. Both are lovey dovey.

#9- More Than Words- Extreme. We wanted this for our Junior Prom song until we really listened to the words. Oops. Haha.

#10- My First, My Last, My Everything- Barry White. Sigh. Enough said.



Honorable Mention- Hold You In My Arms- Ray Lamontagne. I really wish I could sing and play the guitar ok? Seriously. Stef, that is an obvious hint!

Top 10 Bitter Love Songs

#1- Careless Whisper- Wham. I heart George Michael. I don't care how many times he gets caught with his pants down in public restrooms ok? Tamia has a pretty version of this song as well. I've heard a rock version on the radio lately and I'm not sure who it is but it's pretty good too. Ok I just googled and it's Seether. Ha.

#2- Must've Been Love- Roxette. Who didn't love Pretty Woman? Man, I wish I was my age in the 80's. I could just see me in my tight acid washed jeans, big ass hair, press on nails and plastic bangle bracelets rocking out to this song in my Volkswagon Rabbit convertible.



#3- Every Rose Has It's Thorn- Poison. Who knew a stripper could inspire a song like this!? Haha.

#4- Love Bites- Def Leppard. This tape would be on in my convertible after Roxette. Ha.

#5- Unbreak My Heart- Toni Braxton. This video introduced us to Tyson Beckford. Sex. E. I remember being in about 8th grade really thinking I'd had my heart broken. Ha.



#6- Wicked Game- Chris Issak. I don't even need to explain.

#7- To You Everthing I Bestow- Mundy. Love it.

#8- All Over You- The Spill Canvas. Nothing says 'I want you back' like some good ole Emo. "Why can't you just love me back?"

#9- Gone Gone Gone- Allison Krauss and Robert Plant. Who would have thought that putting these two musicians together would be genius? I don't know but they should be millionaires. ;P Which I'm sure they are. This is not related to the song but when I go to bed with my hair wet, I wake up looking like Robert Plant. It's awesome.



#10- Where I Stood- Missy Higgins. Such a pretty song.

2 comments:

  1. Ha I love you Heather! Wicked Game is just about my favorite song ever. HIM does an awesome cover of it, Ville Valo makes me swoon. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for mentioning mariah carey in your blog. I will now learn the song you requested

    ReplyDelete