Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Never judge a book by it's cover

This also is true for wine labels.

I'm not much of a wino. As much as I'd LOVE to tell you the opposite, it's just not in the cards for me. I often have to text my friend Michael when it comes to wine and food pairing. I usually stick to what I know and that is a wine that you can't go wrong with since it's a combination of Zinfandel, Merlot, and Cabernet, giving it it's name, Ménage à Trois.

My roomie loves her some Chardonnay. The taste is pretty mild so it's growing on me. While browsing the shelves of wine at the grocery store (I'm still not used to this genius convenience) I came across this ADORABLE label and had to give it a try.


What? A sexy pin-up label AND adorable name? You had me at 'Mad'.

I took the little jewel of a bottle home and uncorked it to give it a try. I about flew through the roof when I saw the cork. EVEN THE CORK IS KITCHEY!



I loved it. I vowed that this would be my wine. I have never even wanted to have a go-to wine until this moment because how could you not love this bottle!? Then I tasted it.....not so much a fan.

My roommate is a better judge than I could ever be and she really wasn't a fan either. At least I found some cute bottles to display in my wine rack, eh?

3 comments:

  1. I am no connoisseur of wine or any other spirits. I can appreciate them though, but usually not wine. I might need a cultured (more than likely homosexual) friend to advise me in these matters. A gay life-coach is what I need to push me over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad it wasn't very good, that cork is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ménage à Trois is a great wine. We have it at the restaurant I cocktail in. :)

    ReplyDelete