Friday, February 18, 2011

QUA?

"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Slutty girls!"
"Slutty girls who?"
"Slutty girls dancing on a shark tank!"


Nobody ever writes about the bad parts of Austin. All you hear about is how amazing this city is. Don't get me wrong, I adore Austin! I think it is a very unconventional, fun, outrageous, crazy, and animated city. I've made some great memories in the very short five months that I've lived here and can't wait for the many memories to come. That being said and just like any other city, there are some shitty places in this town.


Exhibit A:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/qua-bottle-lounge-austin


A couple of friends recently came into town and a friend that lives here really wanted to impress them so she took us to all these different bars. We went to the bar from the link above. Immediately after walking in I was turned off by it. The floor is a shark tank that everybody dances on, which is a cool concept but, all I could think of was how cruel it was to the sharks. How would you feel if a bunch of ugly cougars in pointy boots were dancing erratically on the roof of your house? (Actually, the visual of ladies up on my roof is quite comical.) It was seriously like a frat-party hosted at a retirement home. I wasn't drinking that night so that didn’t help matters either. Regardless, the half hour I lost from visiting QUA was just given back with this Yelp review. I hope you find it as entertaining as I did.


3 comments:

  1. Hehehe. All the reviews on Yelp or hilarious! On a serious note 1 out of 300,000 people seem to like this place. How long has it been around, dyou know?

    quoi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea. My friend went in college which was over 8 years ago so at least that long. Too long. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the worst dancer each night should be thrown into the shark tank to be torn into little meaty ribbons to the delight of all of the other drunks...

    ReplyDelete