Sunday, March 20, 2011

Srsly

You guys, these addictions need to stop! I can't do anything productive when all I do is wait for the next moment to listen to my Ipod! It's getting to be ri-goddamn-diculous. SXSW has been in full swing and let me tell you, I've learned that I'm not as old as I thought I was getting. I've spent every night (including school nights) out and about until all hours of the morning! Granted, I've clocked into work later than usual but it's totally worth it.

I highly suggest you head over to Itunes and download the FREE SXSW 2011 sampler. I'm not sure how long it's available for download but it's great. It's got everyone from The Civil Wars (who gives me the chills every damn time) to Foster the People to Black Joe Lewis. Did you see the whole part where I said it was free? Did you also see the part where I mentioned Foster the People? Oh, you don't know who they are?

Not only are they easy on the eyes, they are pretty talented kids!

Another band that I haven't been able to stop listening to is the Local Natives. (Thank you Jonny) I posted one of their songs last week but seriously, I am in love. They came out with their only album over a year ago and I really hope they have plans to put out more stuff.



Also, my dog bit a rockstar this week. I've never hidden the fact that he's a dick. In his defense, Eric was totally provoking him. Other than that, I've just been preparing for the big move her in a couple of weeks! Can't wait to post pictures of it once it's all put together.

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl. The Local Natives -- SWOON. I could listen to "Airplanes" over and over again.

    Speaking of swoon, Black Joe Lewis!! Love that he's a hometown boy. He's so freaking sexy, especially when he screams during songs.

    Glad you got a full SXSW in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foster the people have that arctic monkeysish dancyness about their songs. Thanks for putting me on to that!

    ReplyDelete