Saturday, January 30, 2010

My name is Heather and I'm crazy....I'm half way there!



How did I spend my Saturday you ask? By taking the potential man-of-my-dreams that I just met on Saturday to the airport so he can go learn Spanish for the next six months(SIX MONTHS!!!!), watch my poor sick puppy drool all over himself, and reading the above pictured book.

Have you ever read the blog Dooce? If you haven't (which most peeps in Utah have) I highly recommend that you do so. She is hilarious!! I finished her book today and I just have to say that I love Heather Armstrong. I love her humor and her crassness. I love that while she is well aware of her family's level of religion and political views, she doesn't hold back in making hers that differ from theirs known. She doesn't filter herself and I love that quality about her. Maybe it's because I can totally relate. As much as I do respect my family and my Mom's dis-taste for tattoos and Lady Gaga, I can't really hold back on the fact that I have tattoos and listen to Lady Gaga...except for that god awful song about a Bad Romance. BARF!!!

I also love that she is utterly and undoubtedly still IN LOVE with her husband. That to me is so refreshing. Maybe because I don't really see it that much nowadays. It's usually couples who are struggling but are only staying together for the kids or like my Dad, only staying in it because he "will never go through a divorce again." The fact that they are still so in love gives me hope. Hope that one day, I will find my Jon (don't confuse this with a prostitutes "John"...ha!) who will put up with my crazy fits over nothing, love that I'm a little left of center and not your traditional girl, love that me and my Mom and sister probably have the most twisted sense of humor, and love that I love everything domestic...except dishes and ironing.

I do have to say that I've been pretty humbled this week. I'm not even sure that humbled is the right word but it's the closest to the right word that comes to mind right now. I met a guy.....a guy that's got his shit together. Masters degree from Westminster, a car, a house that came out of a Pottery Barn catalog, he's funny, out-going, a perfect gentleman, is going to be a teacher, did I mention the house out of a Pottery Barn catalog? What could be wrong with this guy you ask? He moved to Chile for SIX MONTHS to become fluent in Spanish. Hello, Rosetta Stone!!! I don't know why he couldn't move to West Valley and save all that time and money but whatever. I guess he's just the over-achieving type. But the great thing is that I'm moving in the right direction. Finally meeting guys that do have it together and not little rescue cases that I so much love to attract and nurse. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train!

My name is Heather, I enjoy adult beverages (Tequila by The Champs JUST came on my I-tunes, I am not even shitting you) and I'm crazy...half way to being Heather Armstrong. Now to find my Jon. Ha!


TEQUILA!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love Dooce! She is one of my favorite people ever. So real. The way everyone should be.

    ReplyDelete