Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What I've been listening to lately.....

....I love these posts. :)

As I was making a list of the songs I wanted to list in today's post, I noticed they were all upbeat and happy (for the most part) songs. I think it's because of this damn depressing winter. I'm so ready for spring and summer that I almost can't stand it. If I didn't have a few extra lbs to work off until summer, I'd be packing up and moving to somewhere warm for the next three months. Since I'm forced to live in reality, I'll listen to happy music to uplift my spirits. Hope you enjoy.

Adrianne- Sad Luck

Stef recently came over and we swapped I-tunes. She told me that she could "totally see me screaming this song in my kitchen". Traci agreed to join in. It's sort of my anthem for the past year and some change. It's taken some work but...I've finally...burned his underwear? Ha!



As Tall As Lions- Milk & Honey

One of the biggest joys of Christmas this year, aside from spending it with family and friends, is the fact that Kylee and I got laptops and I-tunes. Kylee is a BAMF when it comes to showing me new and awesome music that I usually end up falling in love with. As Tall As Lions is one of those bands. I haven't heard their latest album but did get their self-titled album from way back when and I can honestly say I love every song on it. Other faves aside from Milk & Honey are Love, Love, Love (Love, Love)(how redundant is THAT title?!), Maybe I'm Just Tired, and Stab City. I want to punch myself in the neck for missing these guys when they opened for MINUS THE BEAR!! Double punch to the neck.



Empire Of The Sun- Walking On A Dream

If this song doesn't make you want to get up and dance or at least bob your head, check your pulse.



Paramore- Careful

Yeah, I've posted a lot of Paramore this last little bit. I listen to them as much as I post them, which is a lot. You get it. But this song has sort of hit close to home. The lyrics in this song totally relate to what I've been processing internally for the past month.

"You can't be too careful anymore
When all that is waiting for you
Won't come any closer
You've got to reach a little more"

I'm reaching.



And last and probably least, I'll say Owl City. I know, I know. Fireflies makes me want to jump out of the nearest window and hope that I don't survive the fall. The sound of those first 5 beats alone give me bitter beer face. But Stef asked me to give the album a try. I didn't really have an open mind at first but as I listened, I actually like it. It's very much like Mae or the Postal Service. Definitely not something I'd recommend to everyone but it's great for the gym or cleaning the house. Maybe it does sound like it should be on Comcast's Toddler Tunes channel but he's got some cute and clever lyrics. Suck it Matty!



1 comment: