Saturday, February 6, 2010

And so it begins.....

....back on another quest to get skinny and physically fit(AGAIN!). I went on this quest last year starting in January and I kicked ass, I'm not gonna lie. Then summer happened. Vacations, going out, eating out, beer, Jake, moving, life. I just use all that as an excuse but it was pure laziness if I'm being honest with myself.

For Christmas, Waish (AKA KP, Matt, Kung Pao) got me the Nike Sportband. I am ashamed to say I've had this bad boy for 2 months now and today is the first time I've used it. I've had every intention of using it earlier but that's when the laziness came into play. It's so awesome because Nike has online coaches availiable to help you train and work out, challenges to keep yourself motivated, and they help you keep on target and set goals for yourself. It's very motivating and I can't wait to track my progress.

Yesterday, Christina was gracious enough to take me shoe shopping. I've been working out in trail runners that I bought to play kickball in. Needless to say, they weren't the best workout shoes. While playing with them this morning before the gym, I found out they have a spot in the insole to put the chip to my Sportband inside! SCORE!

I'd really love to run the Salt Lake City marathon this year, the half of course, but it's in April and I'm afraid I'm too late to start training. 13.1 miles is a long way. I can't even run three miles now and want to live to see tomorrow. We shall see though. Hopefully come April, 13.1 miles will sound like a walk in the park.

Cross your fingers....maybe your toes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment