Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

I've been dreading this day for weeks, maybe even months. It's my 27th birthday. I'm not even sure why I was dreading it. I guess it's because 27 sounds so....old. Maybe old is the wrong word. Grown up. That sounds better. What's so wrong with being a grown up? Nothing at all. I wake up when I want, I go to bed when I want, I book flights to wherever I want, whenever I want (or can afford to). I think I was focusing so much on being old in not realizing that yes, in Utah years that is like 40 to the rest of the world, but I don't lead the typical "Utah life" meaning I'm not married, haven't been married, have no children. Most of the people my age are married with children, divorced with children, or even on their second marriages with children. Maybe children and a husband is my definition of grown up. Who knows. All I know is that I've dreaded this day for quite awhile and now that it's here, I feel nothing but blessed. Blessed that I've been lucky enough to have a great family behind me for the last 27 years, a sister I can call my best friend for the last 22 years, best friends like Stef, Mike, Christina, and Reggie (just to name a few) that are still in my life after meeting when we were just 3 or Tricia who's been there pretty much my whole life. I'm so lucky to be where I'm at today. Thank you to everyone who has enriched these 27 years. Here's to 27 more! :)

To help celebrate my day I'm including some songs that have been my favorites over the years...

Maybe this will explain what a bad ass little kid I was. My favorite song from 1987..


When I was in second grade, my Mom won me tickets to see these dreamy guys and I wore a hot pink, green, and yellow skirt and probably permanently damaged my vocal chords screaming.



Instead of posting all of the videos I've planned, I'll just list them here.

Paula Abdul- Rush, Rush. I loved this video because of the whole 50's car race.

And for the awkward teenage years, Desi'ree's "You Gotta Be" and Dave Matthew's "Crash (Into Me)" were on repeat. Let's not forget about Incubus. Oh hey! It's Brandon Boyd's birthday today too.



My early twenties were filled with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Coheed and Cambria, Avril Lavigne (don't worry, for my 22nd birthday I wore the whole tie, Dickies and Chucks...haha!)and other crap-tastic pop punk like Mest and Blink 182.

Man, after this post, I'm glad I'm all grown up. :)

I'll end with a song I plan on drinking a grown up beverage with my little sister to. She's always there for me, even if it's waking her up in the middle of the night to talk...because some things just can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. You are freaking tender. Happy Birthday, sister. I love you!!

    And at the bar, that's just where I'll be. Try and come find me. Cause I'm already dead.

    ReplyDelete