Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I'm Just Sayin' That You Could Do Bettah.


Is it me or does this song sound a little like the Peter Gabriel song featured on the City of Angels soundtrack? Oh yeah, I haven't heard it either....ehem. No but for real. It reminds me of that song. You guys! I'm obsessed with this CD!! I don't know that I've ever mentioned this before but I have THE most awesome sister in the entire world. She sent me this album yesterday and I can't stop listening! I stay logged on at work just so I can listen to this song. (Holla for overtime!) Boyf is a hater of Drake because of his Sprite commercial so I've been sparing him but I don't know how long I'll be that nice. I'm sure if he listened to it he'd be as much in love with it.

I've actually learned quite a bit about boyfriend these past two weeks. I've known him for over a year but am still learning things about him. He enjoys window shopping! Do you know how huge that is for me? He likes looking at furniture! It's amazing and I love it. Tonight he just admitted that he likes Rihanna. I've been hiding my passion for Rihanna but now I'm FREE!! I haven't been able to stop listening to "We Found Love" for the last two weeks. I turn into this guy whenever it's on, no joke:


I have a weird question. I'm not expecting an answer. I think I might just need to say it out loud. (Or type it because I don't actually speak while blogging. Maybe I should?) Do you think you've escaped the past? Are you fully content with everything that has come and gone? Is it weird that I'm not or is it a normal thing to have these feelings? Maybe it's just Christmas time and I'm getting too sentimental. It's just that sometimes I can let my mind wander into the 'what ifs' of my life and I really don't appreciate it.

Don't get me wrong. I know that everything that I've experienced and gone through up until this point has got me to where I am. I am so happy to be able to say that I live in Austin. I've stepped out of any comfort zone I could ever even imagine that I had and tried something new and made a new life for myself. I've made friends and I've made enemies. Had things "worked out" I would probably be a fatty living in Price, UT with 5 kids. Or dealing with a bipolar baby momma with all sorts of drama. Or maybe in some other tiny ass town living a life that isn't me. It's just that sometimes I wonder if the life I'm living now is where I should be. 

Do y'all have these feelings ever?  

No comments:

Post a Comment