Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Singin' Sweet Songs

This weekend all the little baby birdies had flight lessons in my back yard. It was so cute. Aside from the fact that my dog was in murder mode, I had a good time just watching. (I have pictures of Sailor that I'll post later.)It reminded me of a story and I'm so glad it did. I needed this story.

Last year around this same time, my life read something out of an entry in Texts From Last Night. Not that I don't read it now and chuckle because I can relate but last year.....wow. I'm almost ashamed, almost being the key word there. I was nicknamed Captain of the S.S. Shit Show if that gives you any idea how my summer went. I was completely in love with a guy I was convinced was my destiny, on total diet mode but still allowing calories for alcohol (priorities), and just trying to figure out what the fuck I wanted and who I was. Don't get me wrong, I'm still trying to figure that all out but it just seemed so much worse then. I felt so lost and so alone even though I constantly had somebody around.

I thought it would be a good idea to move in with a friend even though I knew it would be a disaster. I had a blast but the whole thing lasted a good 6 months, just like I knew it would. We ended our cohabitation in a somewhat civil manner...if you count me being a stubborn betty and calling movers to move me out two days after we fought about a couch civil but that is besides the point.

I decided to move back in with my Mom so that I could get out of debt and start saving for a house. I hated the thought of even going back. Here I was, 26 years old and moving back in with my mother. How pathetic is that? The day I moved back in I decided I was going to go out. I was getting ready when all of a sudden, my dog was in hunt mode. He's part terrier so he is quite the little go-getter. I couldn't figure out what he was freaking out about. All of a sudden I heard this scratching behind the dryer. "What in the hell?", I asked myself. Sure as shit, there was a little baby bird behind the dryer. I got some gloves on, grabbed a bucket and rounded the little bird into the bucket and went and put him outside. How the hell a baby bird got in the house, I had no clue but whatever. It was out now.

I went back to doing my hair but Sailor just would NOT let up. "Dude, I put the bird outside. Chill out." No way. He just kept it up so I decided to move the dryer over to see why he was freaking out. There were probably some feathers or something back there from the bird that he could still smell. I moved the dryer and there were two other birds just looking up at me. Am I Bob Fucking Marley or what?

I took it all as a sign. "Every little thing, is gonna be alright!" All I could do was laugh and just take it as a sign that those three little birds were assuring me that everything was going to be alright. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME story.

    Really, that is great. And sorry about forgetting...

    ReplyDelete