Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh. My. Bob.

Sooooo, good news. My proposal to keep my job when I move to Texas was approved. YAY! My supervisors asked me if I was excited and I explained by asking them to purchase the Jessie (YOU WIN KYLEE!!) Spano "I'm so excited, I'm so scared" t-shirt. The conversation somehow or another led to Bob Marley and his My fear is my only courage quote and then just spiraled about Bob and his awesomeness for longer than was actually necessary. My mother, being a supervisor here (not my supervisor) was CC'd on this whole conversation.


About twenty minutes after the email convo ended, I get an email saying AND I QUOTE: "You guys need some work! Who is Bob Marley?" WHAT?! The woman I give all credit to my music nerdery to does not know who Bob Marley is?!

What is this world coming to? Next you are going to tell me there is no Santa. Pshaw. Maybe he'll bring me that t-shirt for Christmas this year!

2 comments:

  1. Thats weird, how can you not know who Bob Marley is?!
    I first heard his music because my parents were (are) obsessed with his music...and a lot of my friends when I was a kid were from New Zealand. It's pretty much law over there that you MUST love Bob Marley and sing his songs at party's, in the shower, while walking, while being alive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your mom just lost cool points in my book.

    ReplyDelete