Thursday, September 2, 2010

Salt Lake City is killing me

Oh life. I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off with an alarming sense of calm these past few weeks. I'm afraid this is the calm before the storm. Things should get interesting soon. Stress from moving, a death in the family, insomnia, and a best friend in the hospital is what this life has been seasoned with as of late. I do have a fun guest post coming up from Mr. Gill over at Cheesecake. If you haven't read his blog, you seriously need to. His writing and sense of humor is brilliant. I just need to finish my post for his blog and then I'll put his up.

In the meantime, I wanted to share some music because I just spent way too much money planning my final hoo-rah in Utard....that won't be in Utard. Me and a couple of girls are going to road trip it to Vegas this weekend to see Ray Lamontagne and David Gray. RAY LAMONTAGNE!!! DAVID GRAY!! Did I mention I'll be staying in a two bedroom condo with three pools? Oh I didn't? Yeah, there is that too.

Ray Lamontagne released a new album 8.24.10 and I bought that same day and have listened to it so much, I have most of the songs memorized. It's the perfect cooking or house cleaning music. My two faves are This Love Is Over and New York City Is Killing Me. I have replaced the words to Salt Lake City and I'm afraid it has stuck...because it is killing me. Today marks my week countdown until I pack up the ole Scion and make the 21 hour trek.

I can hardly even wait!!

1 comment: