Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pearl Of The Stars

Yesterday the world lost a true angel. Pearl Macris finally lost her battle with cancer. I honestly have never met a more sincere and sweet person in my life. She never had a bad word to say about anybody. She was always so happy and positive and it showed.

One of the things I loved about Pearl was her love for her husband Paul. They were married for YEARS but each time their anniversary came around, you would have thought it was their first wedding anniversary the way that she was still in puppy love with him. They celebrated each anniversary as if it was every holiday rolled into one. I can only hope that I'll find a love so pure and true as their own.

She's been sick for a number of years so her death is sort of bittersweet. She's now at rest and in peace. Her faith is what kept her head on straight and helped her come to terms with her illness. I can only hope her husband finds his strength in their faith as well.

Coheed and Cambria's new album came out a few weeks ago and there is a song called "Pearl Of The Stars". The lyrics are perfect. It's basically a song of a selfless and beautiful woman that is sick. "Each night I pray to God He'll let her rest" are the opening words. I instantly thought of my Pearl. Now that she is at rest, my thoughts are with every life she has touched, including my own.

I love you Pearl. Thank you for making an impression on my life.

1 comment: