Thursday, May 13, 2010

So when this is over don't blow your composure baby.

You opened the door and invited me in. Just as I started stepping through the threshold, you slammed the door in my face. It took my breath away. I stood on the porch for a few minutes trying to figure out what I had done wrong. Then I realized it really was you and not me. So clique. I chuckle to myself and turn to leave, taking one last look back hoping you'll open the door laughing as if you were just testing me and come run after me to lead me in by the hand. Nothing.

Fear is such a deterrent. It is how we grow but only if we test that fear. Keep testing that fear so one day you can take that leap and find what it is I know you are looking for.

Nothing bad can walk through that door if it's always closed. But neither can anything amazing.

1 comment: