Thursday, April 22, 2010

He's back on the market!


<----What is sexier than this? If you would've asked me circa 1994, the answer would have been nothing!

I've always been boy crazy. I started calling boys my boyfriend at the age of three. It wasn't until about 6th grade when I actually started really noticing boys. I developed my first celebrity crush. While most girls were swooning over Luke Perry, Brandon Lee, and Johnny Depp, I was drooling over Jim Carrey. JIM CARREY! Really Heather? Never mind the fact that he's older than both my parents and has a daughter my sisters age.

I think it was his ability to make me laugh. Even now, if I'm on a date or something and I laugh (not nervously or just to be nice but a genuine laugh) I make a mental note in my head that this one's got potential! I became obsessed. I would stay up super late to watch old re-runs of "In Living Colour" on FX and I can't even begin to tell you how many times my sister and I watched "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective". I'm pretty sure the VHS is still sitting on my bookshelf in the living room.

I remember in the midst of my obsession, we had most of my whole family at dinner one night. I'm talking grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, probably a good 20 of us. Something came over me and I started clinking my glass with my butter knife to get every body's attention. All of a sudden I was standing up in the middle of the restaurant doing my best impression of Fire Marshall Bill. That's when I realized I had balls. Ha!

Thanks Jim!

PS- I may or may not follow him on Twitter....old habits die hard.

1 comment: