Friday, April 30, 2010

Come What May

WHAT?! Two posts in one day? I mentioned to my sister earlier that I wanted her to guest blog on my blog because I feel like I haven't really had much to say. I didn't think she'd be on it like Blue Bonnet but thirty minutes later, here she is!

What up. I’m Kylee, Heather’s little sister. I have a blog kybeetigerface.blogspot.com as well, though I haven’t blogged much because I don’t have the internet. That is changing on Monday and I promise entertainment, so be sure to stop by : ) Heather asked me to do a guest blog so I started thinking about things that are significant in our lives. We always have a good time together and music has always played a significant role in our lives, so here are some random memories filled with music and good times.


When we both still lived in Price, we used to drive around in her '78 Honda Civic that we dubbed “The Pimp Mobile” and listen to Deftones. We listened to Around the Fur a lot, but Adrenaline is what really got me into them. To this day when I hear the opening riff to Bored, I get so excited. And then White Pony came out. And I swear, my world was turned upside down. That has got to be one of my favorite albums of all time. We used to drive down old Wellington road listening to Passenger and I felt so cool because I really was her passenger.

When I was in about 10th grade, we went to see Coheed and Cambria at In The Venue with UnderOATH and Three. I wish I had known UnderOATH better because I’m sure I would have enjoyed it more. But this memory is about Coheed. I remember waiting in line and feeling so excited. I ran into my buddy Zack who I hadn’t seen in a while, which pumped me up even more. I remember sitting through the opening bands and being mildly impressed with UnderOATH but I could not say the same thing about Three. We went to the back of the venue and sat on the couches, waiting for them to be over. And then Coheed came out. They were SO amazing. Claudio is pretty funny and witty, so that was nice. But the music literally pumped through me. I remember standing in the middle of the crowd and singing at the top of my lungs. “I NEED MAYO, I WON’T FAIL YOU NOW. I wish god dammit, we’ll make it if you believe” I was hooked. Another song that really sticks out to me was Blood Red Summer. We were standing towards the back at this point and I remember hearing him sing “come what may” and something in my head clicked. Come what may. Hell yes. We’re going to see them on May 10th and I could not be more excited!!

Heather and I used to go to Virgin all the time when I was in high school and just browse around. On one particular trip, there was a free CD at the registers of staff picks. Included on the cd was “Move Your Feet” by Junior Senior and I think maybe “Stacy’s Mom” by Fountains of Wayne. Also included was “Molly’s Chambers” by Kings of Leon. We freaking loved it. We listened to that and Move Your Feet on repeat for days! I didn’t listen to Kings of Leon much after that, but in the past few years have gotten into them. But I’ll always remember where I heard it first!

I will leave you with this little gem. This is probably one of my favorite memories of my childhood. My mom raised my sister and I with music on 24/7. Her business was run out of our house, so music was part of the atmosphere. But beyond that, at the end of the day, my mom is a music fanatic. And she had interests all across the board. From Earth Wind and Fire to Bad Company and Jodeci to Tim McGraw, we got it all. One of our absolute favorite songs was Fool in the Rain by Zeppelin. We used to turn the music up super loud and just dance around. One night in particular, I remember there being a cowboy hat involved. We were dancing and singing and having the time of our lives. All of a sudden we hear this *BOOM BOOM BOOM* knock at the door. Straight up police ghetto knock. For some reason we didn’t’ want to go to the door. So we dropped down and started army crawling through the house to try and look out the windows. About 20 minutes later, we found the culprit. The washer was too full and was banging against the wall. Haha. We felt pretty stupid, but it was a funny good time!

Thank you Kylee! I can't wait for you to start blogging again! I will just end this by expanding on her last memory. I don't have a relationship with me and Kylee's father. Not something I'm proud of but it is what it is. When we first became estranged, I wondered (among many other things) who would walk me down the isle? Who would I dance with instead of having the traditional daddy/daughter dance? Hopefully if and when I get married my Papa (grandfather) will be able to walk me down the isle and for the daddy/daughter dance? You better believe that I'll be dragging my mom and sister out on the floor to jam out to Fool in the Rain with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment