Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Typical Night

I'm sitting here watching my bird feeder blow in the slight breeze. Think to myself how I need to get a cuter bird feeder. And some feeder for the birds. My thoughts drift to a friend I've never met. I wonder what we would talk about sitting here together. Probably something amazing. He's helped me just like a friend in the flesh. Almost as if he's held me while I have cried myself to sleep. Sad that I am missing the show tonight. Would've done wonders for my soul. Think of the boots en route via the US Postal Service that prevented me going to said show. Hm...two hours of soul revival or countless hours of rocking it in those boots feeling sexy? Sadness about missing the show gone. Excitement for the boots. Jesus I've become that girl. The girl that gets excited about shoes. Have I become my mother? No. She would buy the boots without scouring the Internet for an amazing deal and be excited about them but never go out in them. She sits home and drinks beer. Holy shit, I'm sitting home drinking beer. I HAVE become my mother. I've gotta go. Grab my cardigan, my I-pod, and keys. Where am I going? Lucky 13. People know me there. I go. People hug me. Call me by name. Know what I'm drinking. I feel better. Go home. Listen to "Salvation" by Citizen. The show I missed tonight. Question "what the fuck?" Realize I'm still sad about missing the show. Fuck the boots. At least I spent an awesome night with Stef who will never let me down. I'm trying to convince her into picking just one thing out of Williams Sonoma (next to impossible) so that I can surprise her with it.
She won't because she knows my motives. I realize that I love my life.



**UPDATE- According to UPS.com my boots arrived in SLC at 2:30 AM today. Butterflies.

1 comment:

  1. Salvation is my favorite Citizen Cope song. Jesus, what a hell of a tune.

    ReplyDelete